26 January 2011

Win/Fail

This has been my culinary theme song for the last couple weeks.

I've made some variation of slow cooker beef stew three times, each time has been a wonderful success. Last week I made perfectly perfect chocolate chip cookies, to die for. And we tried Ellie Krieger's recipe for Portobello Lasagna Rollups, super delicious, filling, healthy. We're going to be trying her Curried Butternut Squash Soup this weekend, Liam too.

But, I failed at banana bread. And broke even with two attempts at 1001's Seven Minute Chocolate Cookies. Which, I must admit, take nowhere near seven minutes. I suggest a baking time no less than eight minutes (but no more than ten). Also, as I discovered during the do-over, they're really much, much better once they're cooled completely, stored in a ziplock bag, and left to sit overnight.

Alright. I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment