19 December 2010

Love's Always in Season.

I'm listening to Lee Greenwood. No, not Proud to be an American. I'm listening to his 1995 Christmas release, Christmas to Christmas, and singing along to every word. It's patriotic and sacchrine and absolutely wonderful.

My family has been listening to this album since 1995. I can remember hearing it as early as Thanksgiving and as late as New Years for several years, at least. And while we've never been the sing-around-the-piano kind of family, we will burst into songs from this album at any holiday family function during this time of year. Tonight, I decided it might be a good idea to get reacquainted with the lyrics before heading home for the reunion tour. It feels good to be this nostalgic, this traditional. It feels good to look back on my childhood with fondness, and this album always delivers. It reminds me how just how cheesy and sweet everyone in my family really is (even you, Dad).

I think even Lane likes it a little bit.

Okay, so you're probably wondering how I'm doing with the sugar break. Well, I'm happy to report a very significant decrease in my sugar consumption. I also feel better physically, so I think it's working. In the spirit of Christmas and Lee Greenwood, I did make Lane and myself hot cocoa using this. The recipe calls for a couple teaspoons of sugar, but it was delicious and well worth it. Tomorrow I will be listening to Lee Greenwood again (with Liam) and making those little Mexican Wedding Cakes I was telling you about. I have no guilt.

And because I'm too excited not to share this with someone, a preview... It's not even the best one.

 

1 comment:

  1. Mexican Wedding Cakes! I knew that page was open for a reason!

    ReplyDelete